IBM Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3 delivers new innovative features to help organizations become social businesses by providing information to help users find the content and people they need. Users can tailor their work environment with widgets that bring social communities that are important to the job right into their peripheral view.
Tap into the knowledge of networks of professionals with a single click through integration with IBM Connections
Lotus Notes 8.5.3 helps you quickly locate the people and content you need through integrated access to social tools from IBM Connections. This release provides an entitlement to the Files and Profiles features of IBM Connections 3.0.1 to customers with these licenses :
- IBM Lotus Domino Enterprise Client Access License
- IBM Lotus Domino Messaging Client Access License
- IBM Lotus Domino Collaboration Express® License
- IBM Lotus Domino Messaging Express License
As a Lotus Notes customer, you can now deploy and access the Files and Profiles features of IBM Connections at no additional charge.
Access to the Files feature allows users to easily share content with other people and remove the need to send large files through email. It also allows you to socialize content you create, allowing people to easily find it, make recommendations, and share with other people.
Profiles helps users find the people they need by searching across the organization's content using tags to identify expertise, current projects, and responsibilities. It socializes skills, interests, and organizational structure for others to discover and benefit from.
Seamlessly collaborate right within the context of your work environment with Lotus Notes 8.5.3
Lotus Notes provides an easy-to-use, single point of access to everything you need to get your work done quickly, including business applications, email, calendars, feeds, and more. There are numerous usability and productivity enhancements in mail, calendar, contacts available in Lotus Notes 8.5.3 to support social businesses.
Mail enhancements make it easier for users to find information and customize their work environment
- Search and sorting
- Search mail by sender and subject
- Display a pop up alert when new mail is received
- Support for different signatures in different email messages
- Change the color and style of read and unread mail
Calendar enhancements help users simplify their complex work schedules
- Automatic merging of duplicate calendar entries
- Create and delete repeating reservations for rooms and resources
- Ability to update meeting invitees when people are added or removed
- Additional options available when you choose who is added to recent contacts
- Hide an email address in type-ahead/Recent contacts
This release also includes updates to the embedded versions of IBM Sametime® and Lotus Symphony™. The IBM Lotus Notes client improves real-time communication by taking advantage of the latest instant messaging and unified telephony and presence awareness services provided by IBM Sametime Entry 8.5.1. These can be accessed in the IBM Sametime Connect desktop client or in a Sametime-enabled Microsoft® Outlook client.
IBM Sametime Entry 8.5.1 extends the capabilities of IBM Sametime 8.5 to additional desktop operating systems and mobile device operating systems, thus providing comprehensive support for all of the most popular desktop and mobile device operating systems. In addition, customers are entitled to deploy a stand-alone version of IBM Sametime Entry 8.5.2 or utilize the plug-in installer to update Sametime within Lotus Notes.
The embedded version of IBM Lotus Symphony has been upgraded to Lotus Symphony 3.0. that provides a greatly enhanced user experience.
Lotus iNotes 8.5.3 delivers usability improvements and productivity gains
- Significant improvements in the auto-processing of meeting updates streamlining the user experience
- Able to maintain current document focus during sort and search operations
- Delivers IBM Sametime 8.5.2 Ajax proxy integration, which continues to provide integrated presence awareness to Lotus iNotes with better performance and richer features
- Rich chat
- Updated contact list
- Business card
- Support for a delivery option to not expand personal groups when sending messages
- Improved sorting on subject which ignores prefixes such as Re: and Fw:
- Support for all calendar alarm preferences
- Has larger default font size
- Includes policy updates that provide support for per-user customizations and policy-controlled Lotus Sametime 8.5.2 Ajax Proxy web client integration
- Support for Firefox 4 and 5, Internet Explorer 9, and Safari 5 interoperability with browser native XSS protection; support for Chrome 12
The above features all run on the power of the Lotus Domino 8.5.3 server. Lotus Domino 8.5.3 provides greater platform flexibility and improved hardware efficiency through expanded virtualization support. Support is now available for Kernal-based Virtual Machines (KVM) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
Enhancements to the server mean that administrators can spend less time on day-to-day server management, focus on strategic initiatives, and departments can reduce administrative and support costs. Examples include :
- New Domino Configuration Tuner (DCT) rules
- Controlled replication of old documents
- Improved serviceability capabilities
Continuing the trend of storage savings, Domino 8.5.3 enhancements deliver greater savings and improved performance.
- Support for applications and mail files exceeding 64 GB logical size
- Ability to store full text information on separate disks or in a separate location than the application data
Availability of a Lotus Domino Trial on developerWorks® makes it easier for customers to try out the server before they buy.
Connect users to relevant communities by adding new widgets available from popular collaboration services
Lotus Notes lets you tailor your work environment with widgets that bring social communities that are important to your job, both within the enterprise and across the Internet, right into your peripheral view. Multiple improvements have been made in Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3 including providing the widget catalog as an XPages application with expanded view and search capabilities. Other enhancements include:
Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3 delivers social applications
- A set of public APIs that are available that developers can use to create custom widget types for use with either supplied or custom applications.
Lotus Domino and Domino Designer 8.5.3 continues to deliver innovation for developers with enhancements focused on performance and scalability and enhanced user experience.
Domino Designer enhancements improve developer productivity and team development.
- Source control enablement allows users to store NSF-based design elements into a source control repository and perform operations using Domino Designer.
- New XPages and Forms and Views perspectives help focus the development environment by showing only design elements necessary for the current task.
- Inclusion of a Java™ design element to make it easier to use Java in Domino XPages applications.
XPages improves support for industry-standard web application development and also delivers performance and scalability improvements.
Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5 is mobile
- Dojo upgraded to versions 1.5.0 and 1.5.1, which provide support for mobile devices.
- New "attrs" (attributes) and "type" properties improve support for HTML5.
- OneUI upgraded to version 2.1 improves ability to control application look and feel through CSS.
- XPages preload options have been added to improve the startup performance of XPages applications.
- "Evaluate the entire page on refresh" attribute added as Application Properties performance property for XPages applications.
Lotus Notes Traveler and Lotus iNotes lets you extend collaboration to your mobile employees and keeps them connected with people and information from any location, through the broadest support of mobile devices and tablets.
Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.3 includes numerous enhancements to support the productivity of mobile workers. Lotus Notes Traveler client is now available for Nokia Symbian 3 devices in addition to Nokia S60 third and fifth edition devices as is support for encryption enforcement on Nokia Symbian 3 devices. Additional Traveler enhancements improve usability, performance, and deployment for Android users and include:
- Android OS 3.x support.
- Android Calendar and Mail enhancements, including tap-to-dial and support for multiple line signatures.
- Lotus Installer features such as automatic client updates that are part of the Lotus Notes Traveler client application on Android, to further simplify the installation on that platform.
- Security: The new device approval policy allows administrators to specify the number of devices each end user may connect into the Traveler environment and adds an allow/deny checkpoint option as a gatekeeper for access.
The capability to wipe only Lotus Traveler Mail, Calendar, and Contact data from an Apple iOS device is now available. In addition, when using the Name Lookup feature on your mobile device, group names on in your corporate directory will also be returned in the search results.
Lien vers l'article IBM complet : http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.jsp?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/0/897/ENUS211-330/index.html&lang=en